Raw apple cider vinegar continues to be one of our most popular items in the Food and Thought grocery store. So many of our customers use this vital substance on a regular basis. What’s so great about it? And what are some of its health and wellness benefits?
Organic and raw, the apple cider vinegar we carry at Food and Thought is not pasteurized and has undergone a fermentation process that retains the nutrients from the apples themselves and gives the substance additional enzymes and beneficial bacteria (which you may see as a sediment-like substance floating on the bottom of the jar). This differs greatly from the clear, distilled vinegar or other types of non-raw, non-organic apple cider vinegar you might find at a larger, conventional grocery store. These distilled, filtered vinegars contain no beneficial bacteria or enzymes and can be detrimental to your health if ingested.
Apple cider vinegar contains high levels of potassium, calcium, pectin, malic acid, acetic acid, and many other nutrients that can accomplish great things for the body, including:
- Supporting strong bones and teeth.
- Regulating blood pressure and lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Improving digestion.
- Detoxifying the body of diseased cells.
- Detoxifying the lymphatic system.
- Assisting the body in maintaining a pH balance.
Uses for Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are just a few of the countless applications for organic raw apple cider vinegar:
- Remedy for heartburn. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with about four ounces of water and take as a natural remedy for heartburn.
- Detoxifying drink. Drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar per day (plain or mixed with water) to restore energy, improve digestion, and as an agent for detoxification within the body.
- A toner. Clear up blemishes and soothe skin issues using a 1:1 mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. Wash your face, then simply splash your face with the mixture.
- As a weight loss aid. Drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water following a meal. This discourages the body from storing fat cells.
- Improve regularity. Drink an apple cider vinegar mixture (one or two tablespoons to eight ounces of water) each day to improve bowel regularity and stimulate digestion.
- Hair conditioner. Rinse your hair after you have washed it using a solution of apple cider vinegar and water for lasting shine and a completely natural, cost effective hair care method.
- Relieve aches and pains. Take apple cider vinegar daily to relieve joint pain, stiffness, and other aches and pains you may experience.
Organic raw apple cider vinegar is very strong. Dilute your drink or solution as necessary in order to create a more palatable experience.
What are some additional ways you use this cleansing, healing substance?